Our newest offering, the AL Comp is a light, stiff, straightforward machine devoid of flourishes, frills and superfluous adornments, a direct statement of the simple joy to be found in a snappy, responsive ride. That's the way I like my bikes with form flowing purely from function. If you share this view, love bicycles and have even the smallest interest in Aluminum, I can highly suggest the K Bedford AL Comp be the heart of your new build.
We don't overlook the details. But in the case of the AL Comp the details are all about making a lighter, more durable and faster-riding bike. For each build I assemble a custom tubeset from a selection of the highest quality double butted 7005 series aluminum cycle tubing. Like all KBedford models I hand-produce each bicycle to your custom specifications. Welder extraordinaire Andy Keech applies his welding torch, as he's done tens of thousands of times before, and lays down some of the best beads to ever join tubes. Together we finish it to your specific preferences, however simple or ornate, and send you the best fully custom ride for your cycling pleasure.
Clean of line, shockingly low in mass and utterly devoid of pretentiousness. Our new AL Comp is an unembellished, straightforward machine for riding made by guys who love bikes.
Custom Framesets start at $2395
Complete Custom Bicycles start at $4595
AL Comp | Standard Frameset Features
- Custom blend of 7005 Series Aluminum tubes, selected for each rider's needs
- Press fit PF30 BB shell
- 44mm Head Tube with Chris King or Cane Creek headset
- Enve Composites 2.0 or Parlee Carbon Fiber Fork
- Standard Bedford Paint Scheme
AL Comp | Frameset Options
- Enve Composites 1.0 Fork Upgrade (Road Frame) :: +$200
- Internal Di2 or EPS Electronic Cable Routing:: no charge
- Internal TT Brake Cable Routing:: +$100
AL Comp | Packages
Cyclocross / Gravel Grinder Package (Disk) :: +$150
- Includes Parlee cyclocross fork
- All K Bedford Customs framesets come standard with a classic, solid paint scheme in your choice of colors for the frame and logos (no outlines). We have a wide variety of paint colors at our disposal. We can also consult on custom paint schemes of your choice. Up-charges apply for additional paint colors, schemes requiring maskings or tape-offs or specialty colors. Please contact us to discuss the wide breadth of finish options at our disposal.