I've long found the most aesthetic enjoyment in the objects with the greatest functionality. No flourishes, no frills and no superfluous adornments - that's the way I like my machines - simple, with form derived of pure function. If you share this view and if you love bicycles and have even the smallest interest in steel, I would highly suggest the K Bedford Steel Comp be the heart of your new build.
We don't overlook the details. But in the case of the Steel Comp the details are all about making a lighter, more durable and faster-riding bike. For each build I select a custom tubeset from a variety of the world's most renowned tube manufacturers: True Temper, Columbus and Reynolds. We hand-produce each bicycle to the custom specifications of the rider. Andy applies his welding torch, as he's done tens of thousands of times before, and lays down some of the best beads to ever join tubes. We finish it to your preferences, however simple or ornate, and send you for wherever your riding pleasure takes you.
Clean of line, shocking low in mass and utterly devoid of pretentiousness. Our Steel Comp is an unembellished, straightforward machine for riding made by guys who are make bikes. Nuff said.
Custom Framesets start at $2795
Complete Custom Bicycles start at $4595
Steel Comp | Standard Frameset Features
- Custom blend of steel tubes, selected for each rider's needs
- Classic lugged and fillet-brazed construction
- 1 1/8" Head Tube with Chris King headset
- Enve Composites 2.0 Carbon Fiber Fork
- Standard Bedford Paint Scheme
Steel Comp | Frameset Options
- Enve Composites 1.0 Fork Upgrade :: +$200
- Hand-brazed Classic Steel Fork :: +$250
- 44mm Headtube with Enve Tapered Fork and Chris King I7 Headset Upgrade
- Press Fit BB30 Shell Upgrade :: +$50
- Track Style Dropouts :: no charge
- Pump Peg :: no charge
- Rack Mounts :: +$50
- Fender Mounts :: +$50
- Internal Di2 or EPS Electronic Cable Routing :: no charge
- Internal TT Brake Cable Routing :: +$100
Steel Comp | Packages
Cyclocross Package :: +$200
Includes Enve Composites cyclocross fork, cantilever bosses and your choice of top tube or down tube cable routing.
Touring Package :: +$300
Includes custom steel touring fork and a full suite of rack and fender mounts according to a rider's needs.
All K Bedford Customs framesets come standard with a classic, solid paint scheme in your choice of colors for the frame and logos. We have a wide variety of paint colors at our disposal. We can also consult on custom paint schemes of your choice. Up-charges apply for additional paint colors, schemes requiring maskings or tape-offs or specialty colors. Please contact us to discuss the wide breadth of finish options at our disposal.