I like to think of my Ti Carbon model as a titanium bicycle run through a carbon filter. They feature the same alloys, meticulous welding and thoughtful detail as my titanium frames, but the main tubes and seat stays are replaced with US-made, roll-wrapped carbon fiber tubes of large diameters.
I was part of the design and development team for the Serotta Ottrott, one of the first and arguably best mixed material Ti Carbon bikes on the market. That was over a decade ago and while the raw materials have improved by leaps and bounds since then, the philosophy behind mixed material bicycles remains the same: Use each material in the locations where its performance is enhanced and its weaknesses are all but eliminated.
My Ti-Carbon frame designs distill the stiffness and low weight of carbon, the superior durability and lively ride quality provided by modern quality titanium alloys.
Custom Framesets start at $5295
Complete Custom Bicycles start at $6995
Titanium Carbon | Standard Frameset Features
- Custom blend of US-made, seamless 3Al/2.5V Titanium head tube, BB, chainstays and lugs
- High-compaction, mandrel-rolled carbon fiber main tubes and stays in custom diameters
- 1 1/8" Head Tube with Chris King headset
- Enve Composites 2.0 Carbon Fiber Fork
- Standard Bedford Paint Scheme
Titanium Carbon | Frameset Options
- Enve Composites 1.0 Fork Upgrade :: +$200
- 44mm Headtube with Enve Tapered Fork and Chris King I7 Headset Upgrade :: +$300
- Press Fit BB30 Shell Upgrade :: +$100
- Track Style Dropouts :: +$150
- Pump Peg :: no charge
- Rack Mounts :: +$75
- Fender Mounts :: +$75
- Internal Di2 or EPS Electronic Cable Routing :: no charge
- Internal TT Brake Cable Routing :: +$150
Titanium Carbon | Packages
Cyclocross Package :: +$300
Includes Enve Composites cyclocross fork, cantilever bosses and your choice of top tube or down tube cable routing.
Touring Package :: +$375
Includes custom steel touring fork and a full suite of rack and fender mounts according to a rider's needs.
Disc Brake Package :: $250
Machined titanium ISO disc brake dropouts, disc cable routing. Note: Requires upgrade to 44mm head tube and fork.
All K Bedford Customs framesets come standard with a classic, solid paint scheme in your choice of colors for the frame and logos. We have a wide variety of paint colors at our disposal. We can also consult on custom paint schemes of your choice. Up-charges apply for additional paint colors, schemes requiring maskings or tape-offs or specialty colors. Please contact us to discuss the wide breadth of finish options at our disposal.