Premiere Custom :: Hand-brazed Steel
A blend of traditional construction techniques with the finest of modern materials, the Premiere Classic represents the highest level of the frame builder’s art. The traditional method of joining steel tubes with hand-formed lugs and fillet brazing allows unmatched aesthetic beauty, a high degree of personalization and structural strength worthy of a lifetime of riding.
I produce each Premiere Classic entirely by hand. I specially select tubes and lugs to meet the performance requirements of each design. I miter the tubes and hand-file the lugs so they can be joined together with the utmost precision. I then braze each bike using brass or silver, utilizing the same methodical technique I first used more than 30 years ago.
Each Premiere Classic design is a blank canvas. I can build a bike with any geometry and to suite any taste and function – from high-performance race bikes to Randonee bikes that can comfortably carry a heavy load of cargo. And of course we choose a fork, headset, components and paint to perfectly meet your needs and desires.
Custom Framesets start at $3595
Complete Custom Bicycles start at $4995
Premier Custom | Standard Frameset Features
- Custom blend of steel tubes, selected for each rider's needs
- Classic lugged and fillet-brazed construction
- 1 1/8" Head Tube with Chris King headset
- Enve Composites 2.0 Carbon Fiber Fork
- Standard Bedford Paint Scheme
Premier Custom | Frameset Options
- Enve Composites 1.0 Fork Upgrade :: +$200
- Hand-brazed Classic Steel Fork :: +$250
- 44mm Headtube with Enve Tapered Fork and Chris King I7 Headset Upgrade
- Press Fit BB30 Shell Upgrade :: +$50
- Track Style Dropouts :: no charge
- Pump Peg :: no charge
- Rack Mounts :: +$50
- Fender Mounts :: +$50
- Internal Di2 or EPS Electronic Cable Routing :: no charge
- Internal TT Brake Cable Routing :: +$100
*Some options may negate the use of lugs and require full fillet brazing.
Premier Custom | Packages
Cyclocross Package :: +$200
Includes Enve Composites cyclocross fork, cantilever bosses and your choice of top tube or down tube cable routing.
Touring Package :: +$300
Includes custom steel touring fork and a full suite of rack and fender mounts according to a rider's needs.
All K Bedford Customs framesets come standard with a classic, solid paint scheme in your choice of colors for the frame and logos. We have a wide variety of paint colors at our disposal. We can also consult on custom paint schemes of your choice. Up-charges apply for additional paint colors, schemes requiring maskings or tape-offs or specialty colors. Please contact us to discuss the wide breadth of finish options at our disposal.